What you need
Ground Dried Pepper
Maggi (To taste)
Meat of your choice(Dried fish,Cow feet, Kpomo)
1. Wash meat and dried fish and put in the pot you would like to cook the soup in(I'm assuming that you bought the overtly dried fish we buy in african stores here in the US that need prayer and fasting to get soft)
2. Cover with water.
3. Add Pepper,chopped Onion, salt and maggi to pot.
4. Allow to boil on high heat for 8-10 Minutes then lower to low-medium for 15-20 minutes (depending on how soft you want the meat to get).
5. Put back on high heat, put in the egusi(Yes this is how I do it but if you want to fry it please feel free to do so :) lol!!!)
6. Allow to cook for 5 minutes then add the palm oil. and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Add in mushrooms and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
8. At this point I hope you have decided what you want to eat this sumptious pot of soup with. It would be a good I dea to start boiling the water for your fufu of choice by step 6.
9. Now enjoy(and that's an order :) )
See you on my next recipe
Ps: Please note that I don't know what measurement to go by as I learned how to cook from a true born African woman who gauged measurements with her eyes :)